Sunday, August 14, 2016

I have been using simplefit.org for several years now (off and on). I took a hiatus due to some pretty gnarly tendinitis and used beast skills and convict conditioning to accomplish some strength goals. As a result I can now do pistol squats and hand stand push-ups. I really wanted to return to the structure and conditioning of simple fit (SF) since I felt so good on this program ( except for the occasional searing pain in my elbow).

A year or so ago I realized that the advanced SF program was heavily reliant on pistol squats and had a day of focusing on HSPU. I knew then that I belonged back there.  Everything was going great until I damaged my right groin tendon in a painful skiing crash.

I am now healed and returning to SF advanced. I have decided to follow an Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) format for the sets.

August 14, 2016
SF advanced, level 3


3 pull ups
3 HSPU
3 pistols
Repeat for five rounds. Each round takes four minutes (I do the pistols 3 left then three right).

I was able to accomplish this with very little problem. I will finish this week at level three and try level 4 on the 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment